shabby background

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Global Design - my Rose Lattice entry!

 This week I am participating in the: "Global Design Project 228/CASE the Designer#GDP228 

This week's designer is: Charlet Mallet from the United States.  For those of you who may not know -the phrase CASE = Copy And Selectively Edit!
You can click on the picture of the Global Design link to learn more about this challenge.  I participated about a year ago and then go too busy for a long time!  This week's email touched me and I got busy yesterday, creating in spite of being ill with a virus.  
Cardmaking = therapy???


This is my entry.  To participate: I can take what I like from the design and make it my own whether I choose the stamp set - the colors, the layout, the theme, the images - it's up to me.
I rather liked the design Charlet used as well as the examples from a few of the others on the design team so that's the direction I went.  I absolutely love the flowers from the Sale-A-Bration stamp set called: Happy Birthday To You.  I've made up several cards with this set so far and have used the coordinating dies with a small amount of fussy-cutting but for this project it's all fussy-cutting! (did I mention I enjoy fussy-cutting?) I wanted to have some depth and texture so I stamped in Three layer for this cards, all stamped with Memento Black Ink so I can color with alcohol ink.  For the first layer, I stamped the entire flower, colored in the small "sprays" in the background.  I also cut apart the grouping into Two pieces:  1 piece with the Two Roses and 1 piece as the single rose.  Next I stamped again onto Mossy Meadow cardstock and fussy-cut the leaves & adhered to the first layered pieces.  The last layer is the gorgeous roses-oh how beautiful this stamp set is!  I colored the roses using both Light an Dark Stampin' Up Blends in Lovely Lipstick and Real Red.  To create a "lattice" background, I dug through my stash and found a partial package of a "chicken wire looking" embellishment from several years ago.  It's silver foil on one side and white on the other - perfect for lattice, I thought.  To assemble my card, the roses are popped up on dimensionals with the sentiment tucked in very neatly.  To continue the flow of the flowers, I embellished with gold pearls as a finishing touch.  What do you think?
​Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment