shabby background

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Happy Birthday To You


I had a bit of fun today with a Sale-A-Bration stamp set and wanted to share the technique. My inspiration was Jennifer McGuire’s Feb. 7, 2020 YouTube Video entitled: “Stamped Paper Piecing”, I thought I’d give this Stamping on Patterned Paper  technique a try.
For my first attempt, I used “Happy Birthday To You” stamp set along with “Birthday Dies”. I started with stamping just the cake in blue gingham & love the look!
For the second card, I stamped the cake flowers on the 2019 gingham paper, sponged some shading around the edges & added some details with Blends inside the flowers. I tried using DSP for leaves but the leaves in this set are simply too small so instead, I stamped on Old Olive Cardstock.
The cake was stamped on Whisper White with the cake plate base trimmed off. In its place, Copper Foil is my choice for the cake plate. The smaller sprigs around the leaves were colored with dark & light Calypso Coral Blends. Stamped Old Olive Cardstock creates the next layer for the leaves. I trimmed off the sprigs to let the base coloring show through, & fussy cut apart this Old Olive piece into 2 & glued to the cake base. The last cake layer step was to adhere the stamped gingham flowers. The entire cake piece is popped up using Dimensionals onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock that was embossed using the Subtle EF. To finish this card, I adhered the cake piece onto Old Olive, then onto Garden Lane & lastly mounted to a Whisper White card base. I am very happy with this Six-layer card, what do you think of this technique?

No comments:

Post a Comment