shabby background

Monday, September 27, 2021

Monday’s Project-Global Design

 Global Design - Project #311 This week's Global Design Project theme challenge is Leaves.  


Apologies for the Blue fingernails on the lower Right side of this photo - this is my first photo attempt using the camera on my laptop in hopes of getting a better picture color quality.  And I did! Now to work on this more and figure out how to take the pictures without having to hold the card & envelope. But... you can actually see the colors as they really are and see how gorgeous they are!




I love Fall leaves and miss seeing the color changes that happen this time of year in my home state of Washington.  We get a few falling leaves here in Southern California but not the quantity nor do we see the beautiful colors.  However, I can conjur up some gorgeous Fall Leaves from paper and actually made a quite a LOT earlier this month for our church's bulletin board!  With that in mind, my first thought was to puruse my collection of dies and pull out 2 or 3.  Next I wanted to use the "new & happening" cork specialty paper" that I had in my stash.  I cut my cork down to 4-15/16" wide and 3-11/16" high and then adhered that to a pice of Baic Black cardstock(#121045) measuring 5-1/8" wide and 3-13/16" high.  I die cut the leaves from Crumbcake cardstock(#120953) and then using my blending brushes(#153611), colored them to mimic nature using Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Old Olive and a hint of Real Red ink pads.  Dies used were: Beautiful Branches (retired) and Sunflowers (#152704).  I used a piece of good ole' copy paper from my printer underneath the dies as I brushed on the colors and once done I was delightfullyy surprised at what I saw.  I loved it so much that I turned my die cut leaves over and "recreated" the look onto a piece of Vanilla cardstock (#101650)then die cut the piece from Stitched So Sweetly (#151690) dies.  I've embellished with the Gold  from Simply Elegant Trim (#155766) and both Black and Gold sequins also from my stash.                                     

The card front was adhered to a piece of Canjun Craze cardstock (#119684) measuring 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5-1/2" to create a landscape side folding card.  Meanwhile that gorgeous piece of copier paper is still sitting on my desk and I thought - why not try using this on the envelope and inside the card.  So, I was careful to not only apply the liquid glue but also to carefully spread the glue with my fingers to avoid the "lines" that typically show up with liquid glue and it worked beautifully!  I LOVE the envelop flap, the strip on the front of the envelope and the strip on the inside of the card!  I will definitely us this "stencil" technique again with my die cut pieces!  


You can order any of the products I used from my website at: https://lyndascarddesigns.stampinup.net





No comments:

Post a Comment