shabby background

Friday, May 21, 2021

TGIF Challenge

My TGIFC317 Inspiration Challenge Entry!

It’s Inspiration Challenge Week at TGIF & the challenge is to get our inspiration from the new Annual Catalog from Stampin’ Up!  I found my inspiration for the Quiet Meadows spread found on Page 110 of the catalog. Now I have to admit the main reason I bought this Bundle was for the dies! I love, love, love dies; they add so much to cards & scrapbook pages. I also love the paper featured on the mini pizza box on this page. So, I took some of the design and created a super cute card. 

 


For my card today I have chosen my inspiration from page 110 in the Annual Catalog which features the Quiet Meadow Stamp Set and the Meadows Dies. I chose to use the Expressions In Ink Designer Series Paper, using the Old Olive Piece for my background and the Pale Papaya Piece for the flowers. Now I have to admit, this wasn’t my most favorite set and I actually bought the bundle mostly for the dies. I love, love, love dies and use a die of some kind on every card I make!


The Old Olive piece of DSP is cut at 4“ x 5 1/2“; the Basic White Thick Card Base is cut: 8 1/2“ x 5 1/2“,  scored in the middle and fold it in half. The small Design Strip piece is cut at: 4 1/4”x 7/8”.  The die cuts are all cut from Basic White Thick cardstock using Two of the Meadow Dies; the little tag is cut twice & adhered together for more strength to hold up being tied to the twine. The Old Olive Twine is from my stash from last year’s catalog & is wrapped around 3 times before tying the knot & bow. 

I stamped three flowers in Cinnamon Cider Ink onto the Pale Papaya DSP and fussy cut them; Two flowers were adhered to the card front using Dimensionals, the remaining was adhered to the card inside.  

The little design piece was stamped using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink with the “wordy” stamp; that was subsequently stamped again, 2nd Generation in Cinnamon Cider with the splattered stamp to create some additional interest. I used the same process for the inside of the card & the envelope. I love how this card turned out & am anxious to know what YOU think so please leave a comment!





No comments:

Post a Comment