shabby background

Friday, August 20, 2021

Friday Fancy




Today’s card started out completely different than what I originally intended. I literally hated the first idea & threw it in the trash. I’d tried some embossing paste on a stencil that stuck so much my cardstock ripped in several places when removing the stencil -raving pieces stuck to the stencil & a big mess.  UGH!

Second attempt, same stencil/mask and a whole new idea later, I created this sweet Christmas Snowflake Mini Slimline Card. for my card front, I started with a piece of Basic White Cardstock (#159276) cut at 6” x 6-1/2” plus One of the Adorning Designs Decorative Masks (#156328) from the Jul-Dec Mini Catalog.  I used Smoky Slate Ink (#147113) plus a Blending Brush (#153611), and very lightly colored in the tops of several snowflakes. Next I used Balmy Blue Ink (#147105) filling in the remaking snowflakes. To add some sparkle, I used some Colorbox Silver Pigment Ink on some of the snowflake centers. I adhered this card front to the Basic Gray sheet from the Silver Foil 12x12 Specialty Pack(#156457) that was cut at 6-1/8” x 3-3/8”.  I die-cut the spray of snowflakes from the retired Snowfall Thinlits Dies (#149742) plus Three single snowflakes, arranged them & then adhered to the card front using liquid glue. Next, I used one of my favorite ribbons, wrapping  around the card base & tied in a simple square knot; the ribbon is: the 1-1/2” Metallic Mesh Ribbon (#153550). Last, but not least, I added some “bling” using some Opal Rounds (#154289) and some Pearl Basic Jewels (#144219).  I do love me some pretties!

The card front was popped up & adhered using Foam Adhesive Strips (#141825) a piece of Balmy Blue Cardstock (#146982) that was cut at 6” x 6-3/4”, scored at 3-3/8”. 

The sentiment is from Poinsettia Petals (#153475), stamped in Memento Black Ink onto a scrap of Balmy Blue cardstock & fussy-cut using my Paper Snips Scissors ((#103579).  The sentiment is adhered to a backing that consists of a piece of white cardstock cut at 3-1/16” x 11/16” adhered to a small piece of the Silver Foil cut at 3-1/4” x 11/16”. The sentiment is popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430) to stick down on either side of the ribbon knot. 

I think this is a sweet little Christmas card, what do you think? Do you like slimline cards, do you like the mini slimline version, have you made any slimline cards yet?

Do you like what you see? Do you have the catalogs?  Do you want to earn some Sale-A-a ration FREE items with purchase?  Contact me, I am here to help you get some of these or other Stampin’ Up supplies in your hands and in your craft space!  lyndasdesigns@hotmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment